Schedule a tour at the Rhythm! Discovery Center, Indianapolis’ best music education destination! Each tour is the perfect combination of education and entertainment through our highly interactive exhibits.
Rhythm! Discovery Center tours focus on the many types of percussion instruments and the cultures that used them, combining music, social studies, science and fun! Guests plunge into exceptional sensory experiences: playing an eight-foot gong drum, seeing how sound travels on our Shimmer Wall, and creating music and rhythm with friends and family in a facilitated drum circle.
About Rhythm! Tours
- Groups must have a minimum of 10 people and maximum of 50. When groups arrive at the museum, they may be divided into subgroups with a maximum of 30 visitors per group. If you are interested in bringing a group of more than 50, please contact our Museum Manager to discuss several different options to best accommodate your group.
- Tours are customized to groups of any age and musical ability. If you are bringing a school group, feel free to let our Museum Manager know what your class has been working on and we will incorporate that in the tour when able.
- $6 admission fee per person age 3 and up.
- If you are a teacher at IPS, or a public school in Wayne, Washington, Warren, or Pike Township, please contact our Museum Manager to learn out about our grant-funded field trips.
- Self-Guided Tours for groups under 30 visitors are also available.
- Rhythm! meets all Americans with Disabilities Act requirements for accessibility. Please notify the Museum Manager prior to your tour for any special-needs requests.
Group Tours are offered Monday through Friday. Tours can be scheduled from 10:30-3:00 each day. Tours must be scheduled at least one week before your preferred tour date.
Groups should allow at least one hour to complete a tour and we strongly recommend you arrive 10 minutes early to allow ample time for check-in and orientation. Group tours under thirty people are welcome to stay longer than one hour if time allows.
Chaperones help to ensure a first-rate experience for all students. Rhythm! requires that the school provide one chaperone for every 10 students. With every five purchased student tickets, a tour receives a free chaperone ticket. If more chaperones attend than the 5:1 ratio, they are admitted at a $6-per-chaperone rate.
Book your Group Tour Today
Reservations are required for all large groups visiting Rhythm! Discovery Center whether you are doing a guided or self-guided tour. To make your reservation, please click above or contact the Museum Manager at email@example.com or (317) 275-9030. Please include:
- Your name
- Your phone number
- Your email address
- School name or organization (if applicable)
- School address
- Group size and age
- Three potential dates for your tour listed from most to least preferred
- Any questions you have regarding group tours
Once your date and time have been selected and confirmed, Rhythm! Discovery Center will email your reservation confirmation and pre-visit materials.
If you have questions, please contact the Museum Manager at (317) 275-9030 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Coupons may not be applied to a group tour rate.